Eclectic interior design ideas
What is Eclectic Interior Design?
Eclectic interior design is a style that artfully combines components of different styles of design into one room. It contains an informal blend of furniture and décor and pulls from a wide range of designs. Eclectic furniture also mixes vibrant colors and patterns and adds unexpected components. Experimentation and play are all about eclectic interior design, have fun with the flexibility it provides. But if the thought of getting together with a confident hand a brilliant mix of eclectic style furnishings seems overwhelming.
Eclectic interior design characteristics:
- Parts of statement should be restricted to one or two pieces. After all if anything wants to attract attention, nothing can attract attention.
- Combine the furniture. Parts are not intended to fit, but next to a mid-century modern coffee table and an overstuffed traditional sofa, you might easily use a retro rocking chair.
- To add those finishing touches to a room, mirrors, gallery walls, lamps, and rugs build great accessories.
- The beauty of this style lies in the mutual use of opposites. Burlap and satin, stripes and complex designs.
- A space in its place for anything and everything. The room is not overcrowded or underwhelming. Every feature works toward the greater picture of design.
- Pick one part, color, or pattern that brings the room together. It may be a color, or that a color or finish is complemented by any piece, or that they all endorse a statement piece.
History of eclectic interior design
While the term “eclectic” has been around for a long time, it has become known as a decorating style only recently. When pioneers prided themselves on the fact that they didn’t stick to any specific standard, then set about doing their own thing, eclectic interior designs started through the fine arts and architecture. Their work was so successful, however that their idea seems to have backfired, and what became known as the eclectic interior design was actually born by these pioneers.
How the eclectic style bedroom looks like?
If you like the concept of eclectic interior bedrrom design but don’t know if in your own space you can pull it off, then at first start get the inspiration and apply to your home. Starting with some tiny bursts of color is suggested. In eclectic spaces, greens and blues are perfect and they match very well with natural materials and textures. And, depending on your comfort level, you can walk them back or forward very quickly, adding more or less. Another easy way to do this is by combining your master bedroom with botanical elements. This is an open step into the pattern-mixing and color universe. Via decorative accents such as throw pillows and wall art, start simple by adding these elements. Little adornments can also be added throughout your room. With poms, pick blankets, pillows, or rugs. You can also combine unieque materials, such as metallic accents of woven elements and make your bedroom look eclectic style.
Eclectic style living room
The misconception among many homeowners is that you can create an eclectic living space by not sticking to any specific style and by randomly throwing together your favorite pieces of decor. This could not be farther removed from the reality, as eclectic interior design needs discipline as much if not much more than any other style of decoration around. Sure, in a charming and cheerful atmosphere, it throws tradition out the window, combines contrasting hues, patterns, textures and even eras together, but it still needs to be curated carefully to create an eclectic style living room. You can easily show your personality and taste to your eclectic living room.